Low Level Laser Therapy Training
Online Low Level Laser Therapy Training (LLLT)
Low Level Laser Therapy is also known as “Cold” Laser Therapy, PhotoBiomodulation, or Laser Therapy. The purpose of this training is to teach the mechanisms and principles of LLLT. At the end of the course, you will earn a Certificate of Laser Training in Low Level Laser Therapy. This is entry level training, but it offers a solid basis in this field. Basic cellular biology will be covered, but it is only included as reference and background. (This is meant to be a practical course, not an in-depth course.) We will cover the intricacies of all of the commercial devices on the market so that you can become a more informed buyer in the end. Our non-profit group has no affiliation or financial ties to any product manufacturers or companies in this field. Some may include this training as part of their purchased equipment.
This training includes access to the online lectures, PDFs of slides, and a Certificate of Laser Training. Quizzes will conclude most modules which must be passed with a score of 70%+. (If one is not passed, it can be reset at no charge.) Online lectures will be part of the course, along with printouts with all of the narration from the slides. This course is approved for 16.1 Nursing CEU’s and Qualifies for Category II CME.
Low Level Laser Therapy Courses
Our training includes the following:
- Introduction This course differentiates between photobiomodulation and laser acupuncture. It also cautions against unsubstantiated claims for LLLT.
- Fundamentals The fundamentals of photobiological reactions includes mechanisms of action and covers common photobiological reactions.
- Photophysics This conceptual course covers electromagnetic spectrum, types of lasers/wavelengths, physics, and non-laser light sources.
- Lasers, Light, and Energy Concepts 101 The purpose of this section is to cover osimetry parameters such as radiant exposure, flux, irradiance, wavelength penetration, delivery systems, and pulsing/CW characteristics. We’ll also cover parameters of spot size, radiant exposure vs total dose, pulse time, power, and/or scan rates.
- Laser Types and Light Tissue Interactions This section covers all things thermal—including Selective Photoacoustic, Photothermolysis (aesthetic uses), Photochemistry (PDT), Photdisassociation, and PhotoBiomodulation (LLLT).
- Light Sources & Commercially-Available Devices This part of our training will cover coherent vs. incoherent light sources, including examples of each. We’ll also clarify the confusion in nomenclature, labeling, and methoding.
- Safety Regulations In this section, we will go over A.N.S.I. 136.3 Laser Safety Standards, as well as the differentiation between training and credentialing as opposed to licensing. We will also cover Eye (and other related) Hazards, Laser Classification System, Nominal Hazard Zones (NHZ), A.N.S.I. Training Requirements, and Laser Treatment Controlled Areas (LTCA).
- PhotoBiomodulation We will go into great detail about how photobiomodulation can affect veterinary purposes, as well as common ailments such as chronic pain and sports injuries, wound healing, and low thyroid. We will also touch on diabetes, arthritis, neuronal toxicity, stroke treatment, skin rejuvenation, hair growth, carpal tunnel syndrome, and nerve regeneration.
- Laser “Acupuncture” This area will teach how lasers can help people with weight loss and addictions such as smoking.
- PhotoBiological Reactions Here is where we go into some PhotoBiological Reactions that are common in LLLT such as: Mtichondrial Respiratory Chain, Cell Signaling, Nitrous Oxide formation from UV light, Cytochrome C Oxidase, and Redox State.
- Associations and Recommended Reading This capstone of the corse will include additional reading and recommended professional associations.
Price: $695 for one person. $995 for two people, which also allows you to add 5 additional people at $125 / each.